Hi there! I’m Gretel, an illustrator and character designer based in Argentina, where I studied a Visual Arts Degree at the National University of Arts. Back in 2015, I started my career in the animation industry as a Visual development artist and Character designer for 2D and 3D animated shorts, tv series and feature films. I continued working on a variety of projects including editorial work, book covers and concept art for videogames. Nowadays I’m pursuing my long-term dream of drawing comics.
I recently illustrated the graphic novel 'Primer' for DC Comics, and I worked on projects for clients including Marvel, IDW Publishing, Simon & Schuster, Netflix, the Upper Deck Company, Mundoloco CGI Animation Studios, AZ Editora, Sigmar and Mcfly Studio, among others. I also collaborated with brands and companies such as Warner Bros, Wacom, Paperlike, Stickerapp, XP-Pen, Spectrum Noir and Huion.
My art is mostly inspired by poetry, music, nature and marine life. I love both traditional and digital mediums and I enjoy creating with whatever a can get my hands on! I also love superheroes, fantasy books, the sea & traveling as much as I can.
For work inquiries or questions, please reach out via e-mail email@example.com
Layouts, inks and cover artwork for 'Marvel Action: Chillers' a horror themed four-part series coming out in October 2020.
• Layouts, inks and colors for upcoming project. (February 2021)
• Layouts, inks and colors for 'Primer', an OGN written by Thomas Krajewski and Jennifer Muro. (2019-2020)
Book jacket project and comic interior pages for "Etta Invincible" (May 2021)
I was invited to be part of Wacom Academy E-fest 2020, an online art festival that gathers live workshops and classes by some of the most renowned creative artists throughout Latin America.
Advertising campaign | Promotional artwork for Cursed- Season 1
Marvel project with Upper Deck. (Unannounced)
Character designs for feature film "El paraíso"
Character designs and visual development for Ian, an animated short film produced by Juan José Campanella and Mundoloco CGI.
“Ian” premiered for audiences around the world on YouTube and was broadcast in Latin America simultaneously on Disney, Cartoon Network, Discovery Kids, Nickelodeon, PakaPaka and YouTube Kids Nov. 30, 2018.
Cover artwork for GLEZKE #01
• Floribella TV series for Discovery Kids and Cris Morena Group. Duties: Character design | Illustrations and storypanels | Storyboard clean up | Layout revisionist.
• Mini Beat Power Rockers 3D animated series for Discovery Kids. Duties: Visual development | Prop design | Color keys | Storyboard.
•Escape to India, feature film. Duties: Visual development | Concept art.
• Triviatopia 2D animated series for Etermax. Duties: Prop design | Backgrounds | Extra characters design.