Gretel Lusky is an illustrator and character designer based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. After studying Visual Arts at the National University of Arts, she started her career in the animation industry both as Character Designer and Vis Dev artist for 2D and 3D animated shorts, tv series and feature films. For the past couple of years, she decided to pursue her true passion: drawing comics.
She illustrated her very first graphic novel 'Primer' for DC Comics and has also worked on projects for clients including Marvel, IDW Publishing, Simon & Schuster, Netflix, Titan Comics, 3dtotal Publishing, Upper Deck, Mundoloco CGI Animation Studios and Mcfly Studio, among others. She has also collaborated with brands and companies such as Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures, Wacom, Kuretake, Craftamo, XP-Pen, Spectrum Noir and Huion.
Her art is mostly inspired by nature and maritime imagery. She enjoys creating whimsical illustrations with strong characters and bright colors. When she's not drawing, she's probably reading a book, re-watching her favorite cartoons or traveling as much as her schedule allows!
For work inquiries or questions, feel free to contact Gretel via e-mail at: email@example.com
Cover art for upcoming arc of Life is Strange Partners in Time.
• Cover art for upcoming project (2021)
• Cover art for Marvel Action: Captain Marvel #1 (2021)
• Layouts, inks and cover art for 'Marvel Action: Chillers' a horror themed four-part series. (Nov 2020)
Book jacket project and comic pages for "Etta Invincible" (July 2021)
Freelance artist for upcoming book. (2021)
Advertising campaign | Promotional artwork for new movie 'Love and Monsters'.
• Layouts, inks and colors for 'Flash Facts' (February 2021)
• Layouts, inks and colors for 'Primer', an OGN written by Thomas Krajewski and Jennifer Muro. (2019-2020)
Advertising campaign | Promotional artwork for Cursed- Season 1
I was invited to be part of Wacom Academy E-fest 2020, an online art festival that gathers live workshops and classes by some of the most renowned creative artists throughout Latin America.
Original art for the 2020 Marvel Annual Trading Cards.
Character designs for animated feature film "El paraíso"
Cover artwork for GLEZKE #01
• Floribella TV series for Discovery Kids and Cris Morena Group. Duties: Character design | Illustrations and storypanels | Storyboard clean up | Layout revisionist.
• Ian, an animated short film. Duties: Character Design and Concept art. 'Ian' premiered for audiences around the world on YouTube and was broadcast in Latin America simultaneously on Disney, Cartoon Network, Discovery Kids, Nickelodeon, PakaPaka and YouTube Kids Nov. 30, 2018.
• Mini Beat Power Rockers 3D animated series for Discovery Kids. Duties: Visual development | Prop design | Color keys | Storyboard.
•Escape to India, animated feature film. Duties: Visual development | Concept art.
• Triviatopia 2D animated series for Etermax. Duties: Prop design | Backgrounds | Character designs.