Gretel Lusky is an illustrator and comic book artist based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She began her career in the animation industry both as character designer and vis dev artist for 2D and 3D animated shorts, tv series and feature films. In 2019, she decided to pursue her true passion: drawing comics.
Gretel’s most recent publications include DC Comics’ 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙧, 𝘿𝘾 𝙁𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝 𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙨 and IDW Publishing's 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: 𝘾𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨, she also worked as cover artist for IDW's 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: 𝘾𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡 #1, 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: 𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 and Titan Comics' 𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚: 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚. She has also worked on projects for clients including Netflix, 3dtotal Publishing, Simon & Schuster, Fantasy Flight Games, Lucasfilm, Upper Deck, Mundoloco CGI Animation Studios and Mcfly Studio,
Gretel also collaborated with brands and companies such as Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures, Wacom, Kuretake, Craftamo, XP-Pen, Etchr Lab, Spectrum Noir and Huion.
Her art is mostly inspired by nature and maritime imagery. She enjoys creating whimsical illustrations with strong characters and bright colors. When she's not drawing, she's probably reading a book, re-watching her favorite cartoons or traveling as much as her schedule allows!
For work inquiries or questions, feel free to contact her via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Cover art for 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: 𝘼𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 (2021)
• Cover art for 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: 𝘾𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡 #1 (March 2021)
• Layouts, inks and cover art for 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝘼𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: 𝘾𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧𝙨 a horror themed four-part series. (Nov 2020)
Illustrations for FFG and Lucasfilm Ltd.
Cover art for upcoming arc of 𝙇𝙞𝙛𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚.
Book jacket project and comic pages for 𝙀𝙩𝙩𝙖 𝙄𝙣𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 (July 2021)
Freelance artist for upcoming book. (2021)
Advertising campaign | Promotional artwork for new movie 𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨.
• Layouts, inks and colors for 𝙁𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙝 𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙨 (February 2021)
• Layouts, inks and colors for 𝙋𝙧𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙧, an OGN written by Thomas Krajewski and Jennifer Muro. (2019-2020)
Advertising campaign | Promotional artwork for 𝘾𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙙- 𝘚𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 1
I was invited to be part of 𝙒𝙖𝙘𝙤𝙢 𝘼𝙘𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙮 𝙀-𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙩 2020, an online art festival that gathers live workshops and classes by some of the most renowned creative artists throughout Latin America.
Original art for the 2020 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡 𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨.
Character designs for animated feature film 𝙀𝙡 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙤.
Cover artwork for 𝙂𝙇𝙀𝙕𝙆𝙀 #01
• Cover art for the saga 𝘼𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙚 written by Vanesa O'Toole and Fernanda Bertonatti.
𝘼𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙚: 𝙇𝙖 𝙞𝙨𝙡𝙖 𝙙𝙚𝙡 𝙁𝙪𝙚𝙜𝙤 l 𝘼𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙚: 𝙇𝙖 𝙞𝙨𝙡𝙖 𝙙𝙚 𝙡𝙖 𝙏𝙞𝙚𝙧𝙧𝙖 l 𝘼𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙚: 𝙇𝙖 𝙞𝙨𝙡𝙖 𝙚𝙣 𝙚𝙡 𝘼𝙞𝙧𝙚 l 𝘼𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙚: 𝙎𝙪𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙡 𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙤
• Cover art for 𝙎𝙞𝙚𝙩𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙨 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖 𝙀𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙝 𝙎𝙘𝙝𝙪𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙣 written by Vanesa O'Toole
• 𝙁𝙡𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖 𝙏𝙑 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 for Discovery Kids and Cris Morena Group. Duties: Character design | Illustrations and storypanels | Storyboard clean up | Layout revisionist.
• 𝙄𝙖𝙣, 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙢. Duties: Character Design and Concept art. 'Ian' premiered for audiences around the world on YouTube and was broadcast in Latin America simultaneously on Disney, Cartoon Network, Discovery Kids, Nickelodeon, PakaPaka and YouTube Kids Nov. 30, 2018.
• 𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙞 𝘽𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙋𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙍𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙚𝙧𝙨 3D animated series for Discovery Kids. Duties: Visual development | Prop design | Color keys | Storyboard.
•𝙀𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙄𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙖, animated feature film. Duties: Visual development | Concept art.
• 𝙏𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙥𝙞𝙖 2D animated series for Etermax. Duties: Prop design | Backgrounds | Character designs.